This morning I read my daily dose of Seth Godin’s Blog. Today’s article was on social media, but more importantly it’s the difference between a process and an event. Why is this important to you? Hiring a manager is an event, succession planning is a process.
Think of it this way: a fad diet is an Event. You lose a bit of weight fast; it’s exiting but rarely lasts. Not only does the weight loss not last but the rebound is often worse.
A weight loss plan is a Process. You need to stick with it as it is slow and steady but if done right the results last.
So is your Succession Plan an Event or a Process?
Resources to check out:
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Corporate Governance
- Governance in Family Business
- Succession Management
- Succession Planning
- Succession Planning Series
- Creating an Outside Board of Directors
- Rights of Passage: Tests, Trials and Tribulations. Assessing Leadership and the Business Successor
- What your Banker Wishes the Next Generation would Think, Do and Say